About Me

My Photo
Ahmad Apriyanto
Graduate of Mathematics Education from Faculty of Education Universitas Siswa Bangsa Internasional (USBI), the transformation of Sampoerna School of Education (SSE) Jakarta.
View my complete profile

Calendar

Masehi HijriyahPerhitungan pada sistem konversi Masehi – Hijriah ini memungkinkan terjadi selisih H-1 atau H+1 dari tanggal seharusnya untuk tanggal Hijriyah

Monday, September 26, 2011

PETA Reflection - week 1

         What comes in your mind if you read “PETA”? A map? A chart? A picture? Or something like that. When I was in the first semester, then I read my senior course about PETA, I also thought that PETA course will teach us about map because my major is mathematics. However, when I asked about PETA to my senior, he said that PETA is different with my thought. It teaches us about preparing the student to be a great teacher by the principles of effective teaching and assessment. Waaa, a bit shocked at that time, but after and after I became interested in PETA because of my senior’s experience. I saw they were very excited and enjoyed the course.
       One of the reasons is about the lecturer, the lecturer who taught PETA was a favorite one, so I excited about PETA. Until now, I’m in the third semester. It means I will have PETA course. I still excited to learn, and then I am very thankful that my lecturer is Bu Mima. From the first semester, I knew her because she was being my “guide lecturer” when School Experience. I saw she was one of a great lecturer. After that my seniors said that she is really a great teacher. How lucky I am for having Bu Mima as my lecturer.
           It has been proved in the first PETA class. She was very nice in teaching us about “Effective Teacher”. We had a group discussion, then gallery walk, then we discussed in class. Most of us agreed that an effective teacher is a teacher who well-prepared for his/her teaching. It’s something like lesson plan, understanding his/her students, creative of using variety teaching method, objective (clear assessment methods), good personality, and reflective practitioner. After reading the issue that has been posted by the first group about a humorous teacher, I think it’s also a requirement for an effective teacher because most of them quite success to engaged students’ attention.
        I have an experience with a humorous teacher. She was my math teacher in 12th grade. In the first time we saw her, she looked so fierce, even she wore a scarf. After she started the class, my imagination was changing because of her intonation. It made a whole class laugh together, so funny. Day by day she often shared her activity. It always makes us laugh, even she seldom made a joke. So, the point that I wanna emphasize is “humorous is not only joking”, but humorous is one of the requirement for an effective teaching. I don’t include humorous in to “good personality” because someone who has a good personality doesn’t mean that he/she should be a humorous person, so I exclude id.
           In brief, I really excited to learn PETA. I’m sure that I will learn a lot about how to be a teacher with so many effective teaching methods and also how to make a very good assessment to my students. LET’S ROCK PETA CLASS!!!!! :D

Popular Posts