About Me

My Photo
Ahmad Apriyanto
Graduate of Mathematics Education from Faculty of Education Universitas Siswa Bangsa Internasional (USBI), the transformation of Sampoerna School of Education (SSE) Jakarta.
View my complete profile

Calendar

Masehi HijriyahPerhitungan pada sistem konversi Masehi – Hijriah ini memungkinkan terjadi selisih H-1 atau H+1 dari tanggal seharusnya untuk tanggal Hijriyah

Sunday, October 16, 2011

PETA Reflection - Week 4


source: (click here)

          Last week, I did microteaching. We know that it’s really nice because the class was not quiet, instead of very active. My question is “is active class in microteaching effective?” The active class in my microteaching last week was caused by “the students” who have already know me so well, they are my friends, so they was being the active students. How about our students in real class? Will they be active students? I fell so happy if the answer is yes. However, how if our students be inactive? How if my class so quiet? Have I practice “a quiet class”? The answer is never.

          I have given suggestion by Bu Mima, if my class so quiet and nobody answer my question, so I have to point someone and force him/her to answer it, or maybe I can point the leader of the class, the smart students, or even the bad students in the class. That’s the suggestions, but I never know the real situation, so I have to make agreement to my “students” to have a quiet class in micro teaching, then I can practice it.

          Talking about my students, I mean their multiple intelligences is very interesting for me. I have to be very creative to overcome it, and one of the suggestions is using Bloom’s Taxonomy. It’s like we provide some tasks to them from the easiest until the hardest one. For the low and standard learners, they will answer some of them, but for the fast learner maybe they will answer all the tasks because they like to be challenged.

          How to give the score? We may not give perfect score for the fast learners and a half scores for the low and standard learners because it’s unfair. So, we may not use it to give them the score. However, based on my experiences many teachers do that. Maybe they used “Bloom’s Taxonomy” then give us some tasks from the easiest until the hardest, but they only give 100 points for those people students who answer all question correctly, so for the low students of course got low score.

          The question is “was it students’ mistakes?” Yes, it could be. However, have the teachers reflected on “why their students got low score? Have they taught them correctly? Were the lessons delivered in the understandable way?” Only they can answer it, so it could be either teacher or students, or even parents’ mistakes.

          What I can do as an educator candidate is reflecting on those problems, and don’t do it anymore. It helps me to prepare how to be a good teacher in teaching learning, and assessing. Well, next two weeks I will have a teaching assistant program, I hope that I can implement all have I learned, and hope you do so. Have nice “teaching assistant” fellas. :D

Popular Posts